Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cheese omelette

When VC takes over the kitchen

There are days when I just dont feel like cooking. Days when making the effort to chop, saute, blend, mix, season, taste is uninspiring. And I would much rather sit back and read. Or paint. Or browse the internet. Or vegetate in front of the TV.

Yesterday was one such day, and while I continued to paint wishing I had my secret angel to whip up meals in a jiffy, so I didnt have to stop painting, the husband was in the kitchen whipping up lunch for me.

When the husband is in the kitchen cooking, theres ONE thing he can make: EGGS! He can makes eggs in various forms, but his favourite is the good ol omelette. You can't really go wrong with it. Over the months, he's mastered the omelette, with a few variations too!

Yesterday he made this giant, wonderfully fluffy, perfectly seasoned, cheesy omelette that I could swear is amongst the best I have ever eaten. It was so well-whipped up that while cooking, it rose like a cushion-y futon worth of diving into! It was taller than my toast!

Here's what he used:

Eggs
Milk
Salt and pepper
Oregano and thyme (dried)
Grated cheddar cheese

Here's what he did:

Crack open and beat eggs in a bowl. Add in the milk and whip really well. The more you whip and beat, the fluffier the omelette gets, so keep going :)

Add in salt, pepper and any other seasoning you like. Beat some more.

Grate in the cheddar cheese and mix well. Whip some more.

In a pan, drop a knob of butter, melt and spread all around. Pour the beaten mixture, spread it around and cook covered. This really does the trick, the omelette swells up like a little balloon and gets so amazingly fluffy.

When the top is cooked stiff, transfer into a plate and enjoy with hot toast.
Done!

2 comments:

  1. and you forgot to add one one line in the end...Thnk God he got VC into your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D youre right. but that goes without saying :P

    ReplyDelete